Your course grade will be based on the following components:
- Exercises: 15%
- Participation: 5% (attendance and in-class Plicker exercises)
- Project Coding: 20%
- Quizzes: 25%
- Midterms: 20%
- Final exam: 15%
In order to earn credit for this class, both the criteria below must be met:
- Your average of the three exams in this course (two midterms and the fixed final) must be greater than or equal to 65
- Your average in each of the other categories -- namely, quizzes, exercises, and projects -- must be greater than or equal to 75 in each category
If you meet both of the above criteria, you will earn credit for this class. If you meet only one of the above criteria, you will not earn credit for this class.
The CS111 team of instructors will give a recommendation of whether a CS111 student is prepared to take CS230 immediately after CS111, or if the student would benefit from taking another CS class prior to enrolling in CS230.
In order to get a positive recommendation to take CS230 immediately after CS111, both of the following criteria must be met:
- greater than or equal to 75% on 1st midterm
- greater than or equal to 85% in each of the other categories (quizzes, exercises and projects)
If both of the above criteria are not met, the cs111 student will not be recommended to take CS230 directly after CS111.