Computing at Home
Canopy is the code environment we use in class, and you may choose to install it on your personal computer. You will also need Cyberduck to download the starter code and upload your solutions for the problem sets.
- In the For Academics tab on the Enthought Canopy download page, click on the sign up link and register with your Wellesley Gmail address (it's free for academic email addresses).
- Once you are registered, click on the sign in link, and you will have an option to download Canopy for your particular computer platform (Mac, Windows, Linux).
- Mac Users: Here's a video demonstrating how to download and install Canopy.
- Go to the Cyberduck website and click on the "Download Cyberduck for" link for your operating system (Mac or Windows).
- Open the downloaded file to install. Follow the instructions for using Cyberduck from Lab 1.
- If you encounter problems with the installation process, please post on the cs111-spring17 Google Group.
- Rhys Price-Jones, a former instructor of CS111, has set up a Google Doc with tips on installation.
- You can find out more about Canopy on Enthought's Canopy Main Canopy page.