Computing at Home
Canopy is the code environment we use in class, and you may choose to install it on your personal computer. You will also need Cyberduck to download the starter code and upload your solutions for the problem sets.
- On the Enthought Canopy download page, scroll down to Standard Installers and click download for the version for your computer (Mac, Linux, Windows). There is a choice to download version 2.7 or 3.5 of Python. You should download version 2.7 and not version 3.5 because course materials for this semester are based on the older version.
- Mac Users: Here's a video demonstrating how to download and install Canopy. Note that the first 40 seconds of the video describe how to register with your wellesley.edu email address, but this step is no longer required to download Canopy.
- Go to the Cyberduck website and click on the "Download Cyberduck for" link for your operating system (Mac or Windows).
- Open the downloaded file to install. Follow the instructions for using Cyberduck from Lab 1.
- If you encounter problems with the installation process, please post on the cs111-spring18 Google Group.