Computing at Home
Canopy is the code environment we use in class, and you may choose to install it on your personal computer. You will also need Cyberduck to download the starter code and upload your solutions for the problem sets.
- On the Enthought Canopy download page, scroll down to Standard Installers and click download for the version for your computer (Mac, Linux, Windows). There is a choice to download version 2.7 or 3.5 of Python. You should download version 3.5 and not version 2.7 because course materials for this semester are based on the newer version.
- Windows users: make sure that you download the 32-bit version of the Python 3.5 version of Canopy, even if you have 64-bit Windows. The 64-bit version will not work with the graphics modules that we use in this class, and the 32-bit version will work fine even on a 64-bit operating system.
- Go to the Cyberduck website and click on the "Download Cyberduck for" link for your operating system (Mac or Windows).
- Open the downloaded file to install. Follow the instructions for using Cyberduck from Lab 1.
- If you encounter problems with the installation process, please post on the students-cs111-s19 Google Group.